Covid-19: Guidance For Employers And Businesses
We have been actively monitoring the situation in the UK. On this page, we will regularly update you on business support schemes from the government and other organisations as well as the UK government, NHS, TfL and other key players main announcements. More updates can also be found on our twitter page @StratfordOrig and on the newly created government website www.businesssupport.gov.uk
Click on each link below to find out more
The scheme applies to employees who have been asked to stop working, but who are being kept on the pay roll, otherwise described as ‘furloughed workers’.
All UK businesses are eligible.
- HMRC will reimburse 80% of furloughed workers wage costs, up to a cap of £2,500 per month.
- The scheme will cover the cost of wages backdated to March 1st and is initially open for 3 months, but will be extended if necessary.
The Government has launched the website where you can find all the information on the impact of coronavirus (Covid-19) on your business.
You'll find ALL the schemes (loans, business rates, grants, etc) available for businesses, eligibility and advice.
"The Metropolitan Police Business Crime Hub was created to improve partnership and communication with the business community to reduce the impact of crime".
In the official statement issued by Metropolitan Police, you'll find tips on preventing crime during these unpredictable times created by the Coronavirus, including:
- If your staff fall victim to an assault or witness violence in your premises
- Closed Premises/Venues that have been temporarily shut
- Physical Protective Measures
- Large gatherings/Queuing
Read the full document below for more information.
The phone helpline aims to support businesses and self-employed people concerned about not being able to pay their tax due to coronavirus (COVID-19).
You can call HMRC’s helpline for help and advice: 0800 0159 559
Opening hours are Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm, and Saturday 8am to 4pm.
The helpline will not be available on Bank Holidays.
--> HERE you will find out about the support for businesses who:
- are paying sick pay to employees (COVID-19 refund will cover up to 2 weeks’ SSP per eligible employee)
- pay business rates (100% retail discount for the 2020 to 2021 tax year for properties below £51,000 rateable value)
- pay little or no business rates (grant of £3,000 to businesses currently eligible for SBRR or Rural Rate Relief)
- support through the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (up to 80% covered by the government)
- for businesses and self-employed paying tax (may be eligible to receive support with their tax affairs)
will assist employers and businesses in providing advice to their staff on:
- the novel coronavirus, COVID-19
- how to help prevent the spread of all respiratory infections including COVID-19
- what to do if someone suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19 has been in business settings
- what advice to give to individuals who have travelled to specific areas
- actions to take if staff come into contact with someone who is self-isolating or is a possible or confirmed case of COVID-19
Please stay healthy and follow the basic routine to protect yourself and those around you from the virus.