Free Community Leadership workshops
Taught by tutors from Birkbeck, University of London, who have run Community Development and Leadership courses in London for over 10 years, the free sessions aim to help participants gain skills, knowledge and confidence. These workshops are being kindly supported by Newham Community Neighbourhoods and are particularly relevant for those who are:
- Play an active role in the community through volunteering or work
- Are passionate about a cause or a project and want to gain skills on how to turn this into a community project
- Are interested in the subjects of the workshops and want to use it as a taster opportunity to see whether returning to study may be the right thing for them
No prior learning or qualifications are needed, only a good level of English and an interest in the subject!
People can sign up for whichever subjects interest you or join us for all four. Those who attend all four workshops will receive a certificate of participation.
- Community Leadership Styles and Skills, Tuesday 3rd September, 6pm-9pm
- Project Development, Tuesday 10th September, 6pm-9pm
- Community Engagement, Tuesday 17th September, 6pm-9pm
- Wellbeing, Resilience and Health, Tuesday 24th September, 6pm-9pm
All sessions will be held at East Ham Library, 328 Barking Rd, East Ham, London E6 2RT.
Spaces are limited so sign up now to reserve your place! Sign up here.