“The pandemic brought home just how central small businesses are to our communities, so we’re encouraging everyone to get behind them on Small Business Saturday and use it as a way to send a big thank you!” said Michelle Ovens, CBE, director of Small Business Saturday.
Although the day itself takes place on the first Saturday in December each year, the impact lasts all year round. Many small businesses take part in the day by hosting events, such as Christmas markets that start at this time of year and continue throughout the festive period by collaborating with other local small business owners in offering unique products and discounts. Events in Newham will include:
- E7 Christmas Shop-up at the Cider House in Forest Gate
- Artisan East at the Denmark Arms in East Ham
- Lauren Child will be signing copies of her latest book, Clarice Bean: Think Like an Elf, at the Newham Bookshop in East Ham on the day and Cllr Gen Kitchen and James Asser will also be out visiting businesses along the Barking Road on the day.
- Delivering Exceptional Customer Support
- Building a Website in CMS Hub Starter
- LinkedIn Marketing for Business
- Designing Effective Google Ads Campaigns
- How to Build a Compelling Competitive Strategy.
If you’re a business celebrating Small Business Saturday, please feel free to highlight your business offers and tagging #OurNewhamOurSmallBiz.