Brexit updates from the 23nd of March
SME Brexit Support Fund, New rules on professional qualifications, webinars on export & import and more.
23 March 2021
Support for businesses
- You can now apply for the SME Brexit Support Fund. Smaller businesses can get up to £2,000 to pay for practical support, including training or professional advice to adjust to new customs, rules of origin and VAT rules when trading with the EU.
New rules on professional qualifications
- If you or your staff members work in a UK regulated profession using professional qualifications obtained in the EEA or Switzerland, you will need to seek recognition from the appropriate regulator in the UK. You can find details of the appropriate regulator from the UK Centre for Professional Qualifications (UK CPQ, formerly UK NARIC).
- Exporting: what you need to do to keep your goods moving: Please register
- Customs Import Declarations: an overview: Please register
- Trader responsibilities when using an intermediary: Please register
- Importing: what you need to know about staged controls: Please register
You can also:
- watch our videos on HMRC's YouTube channel to familiarise yourself with the new customs processes and what you need to do before you trade goods with the EU
- use the trader checklist to make sure you’re familiar with the new rules that affect you
- use our updated guides to understand the new customs and VAT requirements when moving goods between the UK and EU countries
- sign-up to the Trader Support Service if your client’s business is moving goods between GB and Northern Ireland and use their suite of educational products – including online training modules and webinars for support with the Northern Ireland Protocol
- ask and get answers to specific questions about HMRC processes for importing or exporting, by visiting our customer forums
- watch webinars and videos from other government departments to support you
- you can also sign up to the weekly email updates on 'News and information about importing and exporting with the EU', providing hints and tips for businesses like yours, getting used to the new rules for importing and exporting.