Car Free Day
Get involved, share your journeys with TfL for a chance to win some great prizes, including:
• GoPro camera bundle
• Electric Brompton Bicycle
• Santander Cycle membership for a whole year
• London Underground socks
• TfL card games from Gibson Games
• Tote bags from To Home from London
To enter, share your content and tag, comment, and hashtag #MyCarFreeTrip on Instagram, or email your entry to Reimagine@tfl.gov.uk. The team at TfL will be choosing their favourites throughout the campaign. Learn more here.
• Santander Cycles will also be offering free hires across London on Car Free Day (22 September) to encourage people to swap a car journey for a bike ride. You can download the free Santander Cycles app and use the code supplied. Customers can also get 25% off a Santander Cycles annual membership if they sign up on Car Free Day. Keep an eye on TfL’s page for the codes!
• Through the Mayor’s Streetspace programme, TfL and London’s boroughs are making it safer, easier, and more convenient for people to walk and cycle by changing London’s roads so they work better for everyone.
• Walking and cycling are healthy and sustainable ways to travel. By walking and cycling more of their trips, Londoners can help reduce harmful emissions from polluting vehicles and support London’s green recovery from the pandemic.
• London is Open for business. It’s time to show some love for the incredible places that make up your neighbourhood – explore our city by foot or cycle.