Theatre Artists Fund
The fund has been set up to provide emergency support for theatre workers and freelancers across the UK. It is for theatre professionals who are in need of urgent and critical financial support due to the devastating impact of Covid-19 on the theatre sector.
6 July 2020
When is the fund open to applications?
The fund will open for applications from 12noon on Monday 6th July and close at 12noon on Monday 13th July.
How much support can I apply for?
You can apply for a one-off grant of £1,000.
- You are a theatre professional and have worked in one or many role/s (within the sector) totalling at least 8 weeks between January 1st 2019 and March 31st 2020
- You are in need of urgent financial assistance due to the Covid-19 pandemic
- You are self-employed or currently unemployed
- You are not currently furloughed by your employer on the Government’s Job Retention Scheme or received any support via the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme
- You are not currently in full-time Further or Higher Education
- You are a resident of the UK
- You earn the majority of your income through professional theatre work in the UK
- You have less than £2,000 in savings
- You have not received support in excess of £1,500 from any other industry coronavirus emergency (COVID-19) grant scheme. Please note the ACE Project Fund does not count as an emergency grant in this context
- You have sought to access any statutory support (government provided i.e. Self-Employment Income Support Scheme) available to you and to reduce financial commitments wherever possible