Christmas tree recycling
Your Christmas tree collection how-to:
prepare your green waste for collection so you know how many bags you want us to collect.
- leave your green waste in normal black bin bags or in tied bundles outside your door or at the boundary of your property
- cut large Christmas trees into sizes that are easy to handle
- put less into each bag if the garden waste is wet and heavy.
- put green garden waste into your normal rubbish wheelie bin
- use orange recycling bags as these are for recycling only
- fill bags too full - we will need to lift them into the back of a refuse vehicle.
The tree will be collected within two working days of your request.
Please note that green waste generated by businesses is not included in this service. Larger businesses collections can be arranged, but there will be a charge. Call 020 8430 2000 for more information.
--> People who don't subscribe to this service can dispose of their trees at the Jenkins Lane recycling centre instead. For that you will need to have an ID with you or show the most recent Council Tax statement, otherwise, you’ll need to pay a fee. This applies to Newham residents only. “If you have business waste you can use the Jenkins Lane centre, but you will have to pay the commercial waste rates (card only). For more information on current charges call 0800 389 9918.”
Have you considered home composting?
*the image source