Populo Living Want Your Say!
Populo Living are working on plans for a meanwhile use of the TMO building at the corner of Gibbins Road and Carpenters Road that will nurture local talent and create a new lively space at the heart of the Carpenters community.
Inspired by previous conversations with residents, the ideas they are developing are for a colourful, playful courtyard project with plenty of places for plants and seating, and opportunities for pop-up markets.
The project will refurbish and extend the TMO building, the garages around the TMO yard space, and the garages to the north side of the TMO off Gibbins Road. There may also be some additional new small buildings in the TMO yard space. The project may include new seating areas along Carpenters Road.
These new and improved buildings will provide space for a variety of users and uses, which could include:
- small incubator workspaces for local creatives and small businesses
- an office for Populo Living so that we can be based in the Carpenters Estate and grow our knowledge and understanding of resident issues
- space for community activities, and bookable events space
- existing food bank
- a bakery, café or other small food business
- food truck or similar for match day crowds, so that they can buy food quickly and support the local economy in a carefully managed way
Populo Living would really value your help in developing these plans. They have put together a short set of questions that will help us to understand how residents would like to use this space, and what other uses or activities they would like to see. This should take approximately 10 minutes to complete.