Safe Reopening of Stratford [webinar recap]
On Tuesday the 16th, along with Newham Council we have conducted our second webinar 'Safe Reopening of Stratford'.
Thanks to everyone for attending and Newham representatives for delivering the webinar and answering all the questions.
Below you can find some of the topics we have covered and some useful information.
- Main council support page https://www.newham.gov.uk/Businesssupportcovid1
- Information on grants to businesses https://www.newham.gov.uk/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-19-businesses-support/5
- Businesses who have general enquiries and/or would be interested in receiving free support from the #helpnewham skills bank can contact email@example.com
- Council consultation on social distancing measures https://www.newham.gov.uk/coronavirus-covid-19/c19-information-advice/5
- Covid-19 Secure Self-Assessment: in line with government guidance businesses should print sign and display the government notice that can be downloaded at https://www.newham.gov.uk/downloads/file/1349/staying-covid-19-secure-accessible to reaffirm to members of the public and employees that the business is complying with the government’s guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19. For smaller, lower risk businesses, enforced for health and safety by local authorities and who don’t have dedicated health and safety advice the council has uploaded a template at https://www.newham.gov.uk/downloads/file/1350/template-for-covid-19-secure-guidance to help businesses go through the risk assessment process and document their findings.
- Council leaflet from last week https://www.newham.gov.uk/downloads/file/1348/information-for-businesses-on-opening-to-members-of-the-public-a5
- High Streets Reopening Safely Fund https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/reopening-high-streets-safely-fund-guidance
- Temporary street trading licence - according to regulations, if a business wants to trade outside their premice (on the street), they need to obtain a licence. There is an increased interest from businesses in getting a license, due to social distancing measures. We will update you on this once there is more information Central government and Newham Council.